About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day!!

Happy Memorial Day!

Today we will finally make our inaugural visit to the pool.
Swim suits were purchased yesterday, and our pool bag has been packed in anticipation of warmer temperatures and sunshine. I'm sure that the water will be frigid, but that will be no deterrent for my little water bugs.

Timmy has mastered floating and playing in his life jacket, so this summer we will spend the majority of our time in the "big kid" pool. I've spent the past three summers splashing in 18 inches of suspiciously warm water in the baby pool. I'm looking forward to being submerged and playing in the pool with both of my boys at the same time. 

Although I am anticipating a day of fun, part of me is feeling sad.  Tomorrow evening I head to California, leaving Timmy with my Mom and Scott to care for Robby at home. I know that they will be fine, but I hate when we have to scatter. I'm going to do my best to enjoy today while hoping that the rest of this week flies by quickly.

I'm lucky that my Mom is able to help with Timmy. I know that he will be spoiled and happy under her care. My niece and nephews are home from school and are eager helpers and playmates for their youngest cousin. I have a feeling that he will be so entertained and busy that he won't miss me much, which is a good thing. It's easier to be away when I know that he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment