About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Going Home Anxiety

Tonight I will be hopping on a red eye and heading home. I'm looking forward to going home, but absolutely dreading the overnight flight. I'm worried about not being able to sleep on the plane, and I have no doubt that this anxiety lend to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Normally I wouldn't be stressed about sleeping on the flight because I would just rest when I got home. I won't have that opportunity tomorrow because I am anticipating an extremely active day. Tomorrow we are going to the World War II weekend in Pennsylvania, an event that Robby has been anticipating for months.

Robby and Scott are picking me up at the airport when I land (6 am) and we will immediately start driving North.  My Mom is going to meet us en route for breakfast and to transfer Timmy back into our care.  We will then continue up to the festival, where we will spend the day looking at planes, tanks and all things World War II related.

Going through the World War II festival is exhausting under the best circumstances. The prospect of taking the kids when I'm sleep deprived is unnerving. Hence the reason I'm anxious about catching some sleep on the plane. 

Any tips from more experienced midnight fliers?

No comments:

Post a Comment