About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Perfect Day

Yesterday we had perfect weather. It was in the mid 70's, and white puffy clouds were dancing against the bright blue sky. It was one of those days where I just felt energized and happy being outside.  I finished my work early and decided that what wasn't complete could wait until night time. I wanted to take full advantage of the happy day weather. 

Thankfully my little sidekick was more than willing to spend the day outside playing with me. He smiled and giggled all day, soaking up both the sun and my undivided attention. After a few hours of kicking the ball, pushing him up and down the road in his Cozy Coupe and exploring through the woods, I tired and ready for a break.  Timmy had other ideas and convinced me to keep playing outside with him.

All told, we spent almost seven hours playing in our yard. He must have been running on pure adrenaline because he showed no signs of slowing down, and I was dragging.  I finally managed to convince him to come inside when Scott came home from work. I'm pretty sure he would have protested in any other situation, but the lure of hanging out with his Daddy was simply too great for him to resist.

About an hour after we came inside, the fresh air and exercise caught up with Timmy. He was content to spend the rest of the evening snuggling Scott on the couch and watching Team Umizoomi. I was grateful for the quiet, not because he had been bad but because I was exhausted. It's been a long time since I've played that hard, and that long, outside. This Momom needs to whip into shape if I'm going to keep up with him this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment