About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day


Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Saturday the weather was miserable. With cold temperatures and constant rain, we were housebound for the day. Robby seemed content to spend the day playing a variety of computer games whereas Timmy was a tad higher maintenance. He is a little boy who thrives off physical activity. Being stuck inside leads to destruction, and Saturday was no exception. I spent the majority of the day either desperately trying to entertain him or cleaning up after him. Even though we didn't go anywhere, I was exhausted by the time he went to bed.

Sunday was Mother's Day, which meant that Scott had to get up with Timmy so that I could sleep. Of course the little cherub must have known it was his Daddy's turn to wake up with him because he slept until 7. How does that happen?  Every other day he is up at 5. The one day his Daddy gets up with him he miraculously sleeps in until a reasonable time.  I am beginning to think that his sleep patterns are deliberate!

When I finally meandered out to the living room Robby proudly presented me with a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a little planted marigold. He spent the day offering me hugs and spontaneous kisses. Timmy seemed unphased by Mother's Day, although he did try to wiggle into my hugs with Robby whenever possible.

The weather yesterday was gorgeous, so we packed up and headed to the Animal Park for the day. Both boys had a blast visiting their animal friends and playing on the slides and structures. Timmy is my little daredevil, showing no fear as he attempted to keep up with his brother. (Thankfully Robby is not terribly brave when it comes to physical feats, so Timmy was able to tag along without getting hurt or scared.) For a few hours yesterday afternoon, both boys played together without fighting or bickering. Talk about a Mother's Day miracle! 

I hope that everybody had a fantastic Mother's Day, filled with love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment