About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Farm Fun

Yesterday was another gorgeous day. With the forecast calling for hot temperatures for the rest of the week, I wanted to make the most of the ideal weather. After dropping off Robby at school, Timmy and I headed to the farm for the afternoon.

Timmy began to squeal with joy as soon as we turned onto the little dirt road leading to "our farm." His excitement was contagious and brought smiles to everybody as we checked in to receive our wristbands. As soon as we were granted entrance, he took off running to the moon bounce. I followed behind, schlepping the bag filled with water, diapers and assorted cheese flavored snacks.

I have become a bit of a connoisseur of outdoor adventure areas for kids. The farm ranks towards the top for both kid friendly activities and accessibility. I love that I'm able to participate with the climbing, jumping, sliding and swinging. I especially appreciate that the steps leading to the hill slides are well defined, evenly spaced and tout handrails on both sides. Over the weekend we went to our local animal park, which also has hill slides. Unlike the farm, the slides can only be reached by walking up to the top of a steep hill. It definitely makes it easier to keep up with my three year old when I can follow behind on stairs rather than trying to traverse up a steep hill.

Timmy and I spent the afternoon playing, exploring and picking (more) strawberries. He had a great time, and I was able to keep up with him. All in all, I think we both had a great day. 

Unfortunately my leg is feeling ouchy today, and I noticed this morning that I have developed a small sore. I'm frustrated, but today we are going to try to take it easy. I know all too well how quickly a small sore can turn into a big problem.  I hate that my activities have to be curtailed because of my limb issues, but I'm trying to remain positive.  At least I was able to keep up with him at the farm!




No comments:

Post a Comment