About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Heading Home

Today I'm packing up and flying home. After a quick yet eventful trip across the country, I'm ready to see my boys and return to normal. I miss my kids, my husband, our kitties and our Christmas tree.  Traveling is a welcome reminder that my talents and abilities do extend beyond the my small little circle, but at the end of the day I'm a homebody.  

My meetings in San Francisco went well and the week was topped with an amazing holiday party.  True to my company's core values, the party was a dedicated fundraiser for two amazing nonprofits. Instead of just toasting the year's accomplishments, employees and friends were digging into their wallets to help amputees in developing countries. I felt a surge of pride being part of a company with such a strong philanthropic view.  

This morning I have time to grab a quick cup of coffee before I throw my stuff into a bag to head home. Tomorrow Scott and I have a small Christmas Adventure planned for the boys.  We are going to see the National Christmas tree and to walk through ZooLights at the National Zoo.  We reserved a hotel room in the city for the night, which is always a treat for the kids.  I know that they will have a blast, and I'm looking forward to some quality holiday-themed family time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment