About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Frustrating Ankle

Everybody is still asleep and resting happily in the knowledge that their schools are delayed two hours. I love when the powers that be make the coveted call before everybody goes to sleep. The joy on Scott and Robby's faces when I inform them that school has been delayed or cancelled is priceless. Timmy, of course, ignored the sleep-in because school is delayed directive and was up before the sun.

Today I return to the ear doctor for round two of my ear treatment. Last week was not successful and the procedure ended up being painful. The doctor opted to stop because of my wincing and yelping. My ear canal was injected with ointment to soften the adhesions. This afternoon we will attempt the debridement again.

After the discomfort from our last attempt, I am already queasy as I anticipate what I may experience. I keep trying to remind myself that the gel has worked its magic and that the debridement will not be painful this time. I'm trying to put on my game face, but my nerves are definitely getting the best of me.

To make matters worse my phantom ankle is hurting today, increasing both my irritability and frustration. I hate when I am awoken with a cramp in a ankle that is no longer attached to my body. It is definitely not a good way to start the morning! 

I'm trying to regroup before the day gets started. My phantom ankle started to calm when I slipped on my prosthesis. Now instead of cramping I am feeling a dull ache, which is annoying but tolerable. Actually, it is tolerable and annoying and frustrating. 

I'm certainly not starting this day off on the right foot (pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment