About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Laid Back

Another long weekend is in the books. We didn't do anything grandiose yesterday for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It was too cold to play outside, so we opted for a quiet day at home. I think we are still decompressing and recovering from a hectic holiday season. The thought of going somewhere just felt overwhelming. I think our family is entering full blown hibernation mode. 

The boys were all happy with our stay-at-home holiday. Scott and Robby played video games for much of the afternoon while Timmy and I baked cookies for the local fire department. I absolutely adore having another little baker in the house!  Hamlet now loves helping me in the kitchen and comes running whenever I mention "the c word" (which has come to mean cookies.)

Today Scott and Robby will return to school and Timmy and I will work towards resuming our routine. With snow in the forecast for tonight I'm not overly optimistic that I will settle back into a stable calendar anytime soon. Robby and Scott are already hoping and dreaming of another snow day. Robby received a new sled for Christmas and I know that he is chomping at the bit to take it for a spin. 

A large snowfall is always fun, but I'm not ready for one this week. Tomorrow I return to the ear doctor, so at this point I'm just hoping for the roads to be clear enough for me to get to the appointment. I really want this gel removed from my ear. It isn't painful anymore, but it is certainly annoying. Hopefully the snow will stay away until my ear issues resolve. As soon as I"m better, let it snow let it snow let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment