About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Feeling Miserable

I woke up yesterday morning feeling horrible. I tried to blame not sleeping well, but I knew the culprit. My "mom immunity" had reached its threshold and petered out. I was sick. Somehow Scott and I managed to nurse both boys through the flu without becoming infected. I feel miserable now, but I'm thankful that I didn't become ill when the boys needed me most. 

My throat hurts, my chest hurts from couching, my ears drums feel like they are bulging and I'm exhausted. Scott went to the pharmacy yesterday and came home with a small arsenal of pharmaceuticals to combat the symptoms. Fingers crossed he isn't the next casualty, because then our boys would have a huge advantage over us!  

I'm hoping that I don't have the flu, but I'm not overly optimistic that I will get through this season unscathed. Wish me luck today as I try to wrangle an active and happy Hamlet while I feel so crummy. It is going to be 70 degrees today, and I don't think he will be content to watch cartoons on the couch. Hopefully the medicines will work some magic and I'll be at least functional today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment