About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Assembly

Because the boys are avid bicycle riders, Scott splurged and surprised me with an e-bike for Christmas. The added power when going up hills makes riding a breeze, enabling this aging woman to keep up with the kids without a problem. I was overwhelmed with the thoughtful gift and eager to give it a whirl before the weather turned south. 

Yesterday morning, Scott and I tackled assembling my new Christmas present. Assembly is not our strong suit and typically results in a deluge of cuss words and tears. Knowing our unfortunate tradition, we hugged before we opened the box and pledged forgiveness when the task was complete. Despite the size of the box, the assembly was easier than anticipated!

With both boys fully recovered and feeling well,  we were able to take Timmy to an indoor playground to have some fun while my bike was charging. He was delighted to visit his little utopia and gleefully kicked off his shoes and ran off with newly anointed buddies as soon as we walked through the door. He ran, climbed and giggled for three hours. Having him healthy enough to play again is the best way to start the new year!

Today I think I'll pack up and head to Pennsylvania for a few days. (Robby will be disappointed that his cousins aren't there and may want to stay at home with Scott instead.) Thankfully, Timmy is always my willing travel companion and is always ready for an adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment