About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve!

My apologies for missing two blog posts last week. I honestly cannot remember the last time I skipped writing, but with the chaos of every family member being ill, I just didn't have the time or the energy to open my computer. Everybody ended up getting sick, including myself, and we were in complete misery for a few days. Thankfully everybody is (finally) on the road to recovery!

Because of the Christmas Cruds, our holiday revelry has been amended. We ended up forgoing many of our traditions this year, swapping sleigh rides and hikes through light displays for cartoons and movies on the couch. If nothing else, this season has taught me to relax and slow down. 

Despite scaling back our outings, I did manage to fit in our visit to Santa. We were actually toying with the notion of skipping the visit this year, but when push came to shove I just didn't want to miss out on our annual photo. The boys were finally healthy enough yesterday afternoon, so I decided to brave the lines to visit the Jolly Elf.  

I was prepared for both a long line and cranky kids, but I was undeterred. I love my Santa photos and missing a year would make me sad. Somehow we were granted a holiday gift from the universe because there was no line and both kids remained upbeat and cheerful!

Today we have a lot of last minute prep to complete for Santa's arrival. Scott is taking the boys to the movies this afternoon so that I can finish wrapping and try to clean up the house. Wrapping is the priority, and I'm not overly optimistic that the house will be cleaned but it really doesn't matter. After tomorrow morning, the hurricane of wrapping paper will cover the dust.  



No comments:

Post a Comment