About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow and Pain

Snow and ice are moving through our area later today. Timmy is jumping off the walls with excitement while I'm slowly trudging along behind him, exhausted from another night of weather-induced phantom pain. I really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind because the constant extreme fluctuations are wreaking havoc on my limb!

My phantom pain has been more prevalent during the past few months. I am really hoping that it can be attributed to the wild weather patterns, but part of me is beginning to worry that something else might be going on. Of course, my limb is recovering from the bone bruise, so perhaps that could contribute to the increased pain in my missing toes. 

I think one of the most frustrating aspects of phantom pain lies in its mystery. I'm never able to completely predict when it will occur, how it will materialize or what caused it to flare. Thankfully my tried and true comfort mechanisms worked last night and I was able to get a few hours sleep.

Scott is home sick today so I will need to find something to do to channel Timmy's energies away from bouncing on his Daddy in bed. Because I don't want to drive far due to the encroaching weather, I'm thinking it might be a good Chick-fil-a Day. He can play with buddies and I can soothe my phantom limb frustrations with free wi-fi and waffle fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment