About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 07, 2019

Bleh Part 2

Yesterday I was strictly in Momom survival mode. Feeling lethargic from the virus and annoyed with the constant sniffles and coughs, I struggled to keep up with Timmy. My hopes of him playing quietly (and without destruction) waned as the day wore on. By late afternoon he was in full-blown Timmy the Terrible mode, jumping off furniture and showcasing his rolling skills wherever possible.

Even though I would like nothing more than staying in my pajamas while sipping on a mug of lemon tea all day, I need to get dressed and venture into society to save my sanity (and perhaps my possessions.) Timmy has an abundance of energy and he needs to run and play. If I don't want my little Tornado of Destruction to start spiraling, I will need to do something to tucker him out.

Since Scott has back-to-school night meetings through the evening, I am on my own with the boys today. Because I don't have the energy to keep up with him, I'm going to opt for a playland with a comfortable couch. Hopefully, he will find buddies and run and play for hours, allowing me to relax in my role as spectator.

No comments:

Post a Comment