About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Cold

Last week the outside temperature never reached beyond single digits. Today we are flirting with 70 degrees. With these crazy fluctuations, it isn't surprising that both Scott and I have colds. Because we are parents, we don't get sick days. Instead, we are miserably functional.

Both boys were feeling icky last week, so it was only a matter of time before the cruds infected Scott and me. Considering that last year at this time both boys were fighting the flu, I consider the common cold benign. I feel crappy, but I'm (sadly) accustomed to running on a half engine.

I'm hoping to take full advantage of the warm temperatures by taking the boys to the park this afternoon. After Robby's done with art, I'm planning on surprising everybody by going through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A for lunch. Only instead of going home, we will go to the park for a picnic. Hopefully the DayQuil will be working and I'll be able to enjoy myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment