About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 07, 2019

We Did It!

Dave and I have been working on Amp'd since 2012. Our initial few podcasts were wildly wonky and incredibly disjointed, but we both knew that we were creating something unique. Although neither of us quite knew how Amp'd would develop, we both committed to the project.

Over the past decade and a half Amp'd matured into a go-to organization for patient advocacy and for information and resources for the lifespan of the amputee. Throughout the years, Dave and I have created the type of resources that we would want to utilize.  When we started our podcast, I never imagined that we were laying the groundwork for a unique, vibrant and reliable resource for the vast and highly diverse limb loss/ limb difference community.

A few days ago we received notice of a dream realized. Amp'd is now an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.  Don't worry, I'm not asking for donations.  I just wanted to share our news!


No comments:

Post a Comment