About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 08, 2019

Return after a Tragedy

Yesterday was Scott's birthday. I think he had a nice day even though most of it was spent at work. The boys decorated a card for him and helped me bake a cake. We had a nice dinner and just relaxed in the evening. (Gift wrapping was a bit subdued because I already bought him NightRanger tickets for May.)

Earlier this week I had to break some horrific news to Robby. The janitor at his school, along with her daughter, were brutally murdered last weekend. I can tell that my Koopa is still reeling from the news and trying to process the pure evil that exists. This is one of those occasions where Mom can't figure out a way to put a good spin on a situation. 

Today is the first time he will be returning to the school since the tragedy. I think it will be good for him to spend time with his friends, but I'm sure that Miss Flora's absence will be profound. I am hoping that the school will offer ways for the kids to honor her memory. I know that Robby will be better equipped to process and heal if he is actively engaged towards a concrete goal. 

I'm sure that today will be difficult for him. Please send him good thoughts as he continues to process this horror. (If you have any suggestions on how I can help him process and heal, I'm open!)


No comments:

Post a Comment