About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Bedroom Makeover

This morning I'm sore but unlike my normal aches and pains in the morning, this time the source is one of satisfaction. Yesterday I learned how to repair drywall by fixing my mom's bathroom ceiling. My arms and shoulders are achy and tired, but I am feeling victorious having by both having learned a new skill and by being able to help her.  I can't wait to get all of the holes in our walls and ceilings fixed over the summer!

Timmy is waking up in Pennsylvania this morning, excited to spend the day with his Nana and cousins. I have an early morning doctor appointment (which I am dreading) and depending upon the activities and his demeanor, I may pick him up today or tomorrow. 

It is odd being home without Timmy, but Scott and Robby put the time to good use. When I came home last night I discovered that the pair assembled and installed a new bunk bed (with slide and fort) in Timmy's bedroom. My little Hamlet is going to be over-the-moon when he discovers his new bedroom!

I felt a little sad seeing the Thomas the Train bed dismantled, but knowing how much fun he is going to have sliding out of bed in the morning tempered my melancholy. This is the perfect bed for my little adventurer, and I can't wait for him to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment