About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Break Over

In the blink of an eye, Spring Break is over. Today Scott returns to work and Robby will be hitting the books. We are in the homestretch, with the countdown to summer vacation now in weeks instead of months. While we didn't do anything grandiose over Spring Break, simply slowing down and taking a break from the neverending schoolwork was welcome and much needed. 

Scott and Robby joined Timmy and me in Pennsylvania on Friday. Because the weather was so beautiful, we were able to work on her flower gardens over the weekend, getting them cleaned out and ready for summer. Robby and Scott weeded and laid down weed block while I worked on mulching and putting up on new borders. Timmy even pitched in by picking up sticks in the yard and pulling dandelions. If I could motivate the boys to work as hard in our yard we would have the best yard in the neighborhood, but somehow helping somebody else always makes the task more fun.

Our gorgeous weather will continue through today, so perhaps I can motivate Timmy to help me outside. We certainly have enough sticks to pick up to keep him busy for hours. In reality, he will probably pick up a few sticks before becoming distracted by his tree house and bicycle. Either way, I'm sure we will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment