About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 14, 2019

Darn Nuts

Another weekend flew by in the blink of an eye. It is hard to believe that it is again Monday, back to the grind of our work week schedule. Even though the weekend passed way too quickly, it was a relaxing and fun two days.

The weather was perfect, allowing my little Ghostbuster and I to fight paranormal foes through the neighborhood. Who knew we had so many poltergeists living among us! Thankfully Timmy is an excellent ghost hunter who is undeterred in his quest to capture each and every ghost. 

In between fighting ghosts, we were able to work outside to prepare for the changing seasons. Leaves were blown and the driveway was cleared (at least temporarily) of those pesky hickory nuts. Hopefully nut season is coming to end soon because I am tired of being pegged by those hard little projectiles every time we venture outside to play. 

Not only do the hickory nuts hurt as they rain down on my head, but they are hazardous as I try to walk. On Friday I stepped on a nut with my prosthesis and nearly lost my balance. Slipping is no fun, and I am always left feeling both shaken and extremely vulnerable. If we had the money, I would cut down the hickory trees. Unfortunately, right now all we can do is continue to clear the driveway every day of the falling little nut bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment