About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Hobbling

It has been more than a week since I fell and my ankle and limb are still sore. While my limb is tender, especially in the morning as I take those first few steps in my prosthetic, it is manageable and causes few issues during the day. I am only reminded of the injury when I am walking up and downstairs, or when I stand up after longer periods of sitting.  

My ankle, which has remained swollen since I took the tumble, has definitely taken the brunt of the injury. It hurts with every step and the aching and pain frequently wakes me up during the night. I can bear weight without issue, but the pain stabs as I try to bend and flex the joint. The pain that arises when I move my ankle in circles is omnipresent and has not waned. 

I've started to wrap my ankle, both to provide compression and to support the joint when I'm walking. Although it hasn't given out on me, I worry about my stability. I'm really hoping that it heals soon because hobbling around in pain is beginning to wear me down. 

If it doesn't subside soon, I think I'm going to have to get it checked out. While I don't think it is broken (I wouldn't be able to walk at all, right?), I am beginning to worry that something is amiss. Hopefully, everything will settle down soon. The prospect of schlepping Timmy to the doctor with me is not enticing!


No comments:

Post a Comment