About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

CampFire

It was too cold to play outside, so yesterday we spent the afternoon warming ourselves by the camp fire. (Well, technically it was still just our wood stove, but Timmy and I had a great time pretending we were camping in our tent.) From "cooking" food over an electric candle to hiding from rouge bears rummaging through our living room, his imagination shows no bounds.  

I had fun playing in the tent with him, but one reality became crystal clear. I am too old to rise from the floor easily. Getting up off the tent floor to shoo away bears or to secure more supplies became increasingly difficult as the hours passed. By the time Scott came home from work it felt like it was taking me five minutes just to stand up from the tent floor.  

I miss the days when I could just hop up without an issue. Timmy seemed to have no problems leaping to his feet at a moment's notice. Thank goodness the bears were imaginary, because my lack of speed would definitely turn me into bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment