About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 24, 2020

Under the Stars (in the living room)

Timmy has been looking forward to tonight all week. He circled the date on our calendar, and woke up cheerfully chattering about our plans. Much to my chagrin, tonight we are camping out in our living room tent.  

After a barrage of pleas, I conceded and agreed to sleep in the tent on Friday night. (I chose Friday because I suspect I won't sleep well and will need a nap the next afternoon.) I also admit that I was hoping that Timmy would forget about sleeping in the tent, absolving me from my promise. Alas, no such luck with my little camper and tonight I am destined to on the floor in the living room.

Timmy began filling the tent with our necessary supplies before 7 AM, gleefully explaining to the cats each time he carried another armful of blankets, toys and snacks into the tent. Who knew we needed so much stuff for one night in a tent? At this rate, there won't be any room in the tent for us! 

I'm glad he is excited about our impending adventure. With not being able to go outside to play, it is nice to see him so engaged in an activity. His little imagination is in overdrive, guarding against bears and other woodland foe. I don't think I'll be comfortable, nor will I sleep well, but it really doesn't matter when I look at the excited smile on Timmy's face. He won't always want to sleep in a tent with me, and I can always take a nap tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment