About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 27, 2020

Low Key Weekend

By the time we were ready to go to sleep on Friday night Timmy's excitement was at a fevered pitch. He had spent most of the afternoon preparing the tent for our big adventure. After insisting that some of the supplies be removed so that we could fit, he settled on 4 flashlights, 5 blankets, a can of Pringles, a bag of coffee grinds and his fishing pole.  I was going to try to use logic to cull out the fishing pole, but I decided that I didn't want to quell his imagination. We were going on a camp out, so obviously he needed his fishing pole.  

Inexplicably, he slept like a champion. It is probably because he managed to take up most of the air mattress and was snuggled under all of the blankets. He's a little guy, but he tends to spread out in bed. I was huddled in a small corner, using whatever scraps of a blanket I could glean from his pile. Apparently we have a slow leak in the air mattress, because by the sun rose I was teetering on the edge of a very wobbly bed.

After a long nap on Saturday, we spent the day cleaning up from our camp-out and getting caught up on laundry. Robby and I went to play Bingo on Saturday, an event that benefits our local food bank. Although we didn't win, it was fun to get out and do something different. 

Sunday was basically a repeat of Saturday, with less time spent cleaning and more time watching movies on the couch. I could definitely get used to low-key weekends with nowhere to go! 





No comments:

Post a Comment