About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 31, 2020

Growing Older

After hobbling around most of yesterday and experiencing the painful stinging sensations as I tried to fall asleep, my limb is finally feeling normal this morning. Like after most bouts with phantom pain, I'm left scratching my head as I try to figure out the cause. I struggle to accept that it is just "one of those things" because that sentiment parallels a lack of control. 

For me, not having control over my body is terrifying! Unfortunately, as I am fully entrenched in middle age, I am coming to realize that it is a terror I am going to experience with increased frequency. Almost every day it feels like another friend is receiving a catastrophic health diagnosis, throwing them into an unexpected health battle. Nobody prepares you for this part of growing older.

Today I'm going to celebrate the absence of phantom pain by playing with Timmy at the park. He can't be enclosed with a lot of people, but the fresh air and change of scenery will do us both some good. I'm looking forward to being outside again, even if we are going to be bundled up from the cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment