About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Outside!

Even though it was chilly, the sun shining brightly in the clear blue sky made it impossible to stay inside. After lunch Timmy and I bundled up and headed outside into the sunshine. He was delighted to be outside in the fresh air. 

After helping me split some logs, Timmy quickly became bored and began to play in his tree house. He loved climbing up and sliding down through the trees. With his increased agility and strength, I think he is finally at an age where he is safe playing in the structure. Assuming he doesn't decide to try to fly (again), I don't worry about him becoming hurt climbing up and sliding down.

Once a load of wood was split and stowed, Timmy and I set out on a quick bike ride through the neighborhood. We didn't get too far because the cold air made us both uncomfortable, so instead of riding we decided to play with his stomp rockets. By "play" I mean he blasts the rockets off and I retrieve and reset the projectiles. (I realize I could have made him retrieve his own rockets, but I was trying to get in extra sets so it felt like a win-win situation.)

I hope that the weather is nice again today so that we can play outside. We are both becoming bored with our quarantine. I miss seeing people, and I know that Timmy is bored without his buddies.  I know that he is safer staying away from crowds, but it isn't nearly as much fun!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment