About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 03, 2020

Bored

Although it was chilly, the sun was shining most of the weekend. Timmy and I were able to bundle up and head outside to play for a few hours each day. I think the fresh air did us both a world of good!

Being on modified quarantine is definitely taking its toll on both of us. Timmy has become increasingly mischievous and needy. I know that much of his behavior stems from boredom and his frustration with not being able to play with his buddies. I'm trying to fill the role as much as I can, but I just don't have the same energy reserves as him. 

I also have to admit that I become bored playing his games. Jumping on stomp rockets, throwing planes and catching imaginary ghosts provides him with hours of amusement, but I just don't find the activities as riveting and stimulating. I feel guilty feeling bored and I try to push through, but sometimes I just need a break!


No comments:

Post a Comment