About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Camping

There is little doubt that Timmy is suffering from a growing case of cabin fever. Unable to mingle in public and with the weather too cold to comfortably play outside, he has been forced indoors for several weeks. I have a feeling that his being cooped up has greatly contributed to his recent mischievous escapades.  

Yesterday, in an attempt to breath new life into our boring routine, I set up the tent in the middle of our living room. Timmy was giddy with the prospect of indoor camping, and quickly retrieved blankets and supplies as soon as the tent was erect. We spent the afternoon playing inside our tent, pretending to sleep and fighting off bear attacks. I didn't realize how long it has been since I have heard his belly laugh.  

Timmy was so enthusiastic about the tent that he managed to convince us to let him eat his dinner while camping. He relished snuggling into his little burrow with his "camping dinner," happily munching and talking to us through the mesh. I don't remember the last time I saw him eat so heartily.

I have a feeling that my creativity is going to be put to the test over the next few weeks. Until he is cleared to resume playgrounds and bouncy houses, I want to keep him stimulated and happy. This week we will focus on camping, but I'm open to ideas for the coming weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment