About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 21, 2020

Rest and Recentered

As much as I hate to admit it, I have become a prisoner of my own schedules. When there are minimal disruptions, my life flows seamlessly between family, work and school responsibilities. I don't have every moment planned, but I do wake every morning with a set list of objectives for the day. When I become sidetracked, it doesn't take long for me to feel stressed and anxious. Of course, anxiety only serves to exacerbate the cycle. 

When I become stressed I have trouble sleeping. As expected, I haven't slept well this week. Tuesday night I was so geared up from the testimony that I had difficult time decompressing for sleep. Wednesday night I was stressed about, well, just about every thought, situation and possibility that popped into my sleep deprived mind. Last night I finally slept.

It has taken me two full days to regain my footing after my unscheduled trip to Richmond. This week feels incredibly long simply and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I don't have any plans (with Timmy still quarantined family trips have been put on hiatus), but I am excited about just hanging out and tinkering around the house. A few days with nothing to do is exactly what I need right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment