About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 23, 2020

On My Soapbox

I truly don't understand why anybody would refuse to follow the overwhelming evidence supporting the need to physically isolate. Seriously, I just don't understand! I've tried to reason through the different scenarios but I just can't come up with a viable excuse for these behaviors.

I have been frustrated to the point of tears by the complete disregard demonstrated by those who are not following the pleas for social distancing. As Scott and I have holed up at home, careful to keep a physical distance from absolutely everybody, too many people continue to gallivant around as if they don't have a care in the world. Disregarding the needs of society by refusing to tailor your social interactions is selfish and self-centered. 

In all fairness, I am probably more tuned in to social distancing. Because of Timmy's autoimmune disorder, Scott and I have been actively sheltering our little guy from viruses for several years. This is my third winter with limited physical interactions, so perhaps I am more of a pro at staying home than most.

Scott and I have done everything possible to stay healthy and safe. Over the past few months we have stocked our pantry and our cleaning supplies. Although inconvenient and sometimes boring, we have no intention of venturing beyond our little bubble. 

Please stay safe, and stay away from physical contact as much as possible. Unfortunately, we are at a point where everybody has to be inconvenienced to protect the health of everybody. While you may be strong enough to fight off the virus, we aren't certain that Timmy will be as fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment