About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Pain

The weather became wicked cold and the rain arrived in the afternoon. By the time I was ready for bed, my leg felt like it was on fire. Not only was it being burnt (or at least felt that way), but my phantom toenail was experiencing torture like never before. It felt like my toenail was being twisted and fulled while a sledgehammer was pounding on my ankle. 

I tried every trick in my arsenal but nothing alleviated the pain. I spent the night tossing and turning, desperate to find relief and a comfortable position. I finally drifted asleep around 4 but was roused two hours later by a happy and energetic Timmy.  Although the reasons are not ideal, this morning I'm grateful that Scott is home from work. As soon as he gets up I'm going to try to take a nap so I can be at least quasi-functional today.

I hate phantom pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment