About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Settling In

 We are halfway through our first week of school and I am definitely seeing a glimmer of hope. Yesterday I only broke down in tears once, which means that I cut my crying ratio in half! I feel like we are finally figuring out a system. Although I'm sure it will take awhile to completely settle in, I feel better knowing that we are coming up with a routine. Hopefully today will see even less frustration and more learning. 

Timmy is starting to adjust to school and is excited about learning. Robby, a seasoned pro, has stepped into high school with a confidence that leaves me in awe. I am so incredibly proud of him! I know that the high school curriculum is harder and more time consuming, but he hasn't complained. So far he is embracing the content and working diligently (and independently) through his courses. 

School and work have been all-consuming this week, leaving little time for fun or recreation. Today I am vowing to get outside for a little while. After so much concentration, I think we all need a break and fresh air. The storms are rolling through our area later this weekend, so today may be our last opportunity to play outside for awhile.

 Who knows, maybe we'll even hop into the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment