About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 28, 2020

Rough Day

 Yesterday was not our best day for virtual schooling. The optimism I felt in the morning quickly waned as I was being pulled in a dozen different directions. By lunchtime I was frayed, which was probably not the best time to start another lesson with Timmy. He was also tired and cranky from a morning of classwork and activities. Simply put, together we were a recipe for disaster.

We clashed and, before I knew it, we were both close to tears. We took a time-out to relax and regroup, and we decided it was best to put the books aside for the rest of the day. After all, school should not make you cry on the third day. 

With the desk cleared, we repaired our day by playing and making up stories. After our meltdown, it was great to hear his giggles and see his smile again. I know that we will eventually get the hang of our new school day normal, but this transition is rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment