About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Covid Anxiety

Although we had originally planned to return home on Sunday, we decided to go ahead and stay at my Mom's house for another night. Timmy was excited about experiencing Circle Time with Tiffany. While she wasn't nearly as entertained by the activities, Timmy was delighted to have his Tiffy next to him during class.

After Circle Time Robby logged onto the computer to meet with his math tutor. While he was working on his math, Timmy and I packed up the car to head back to Virginia. As soon as tutoring was over the boys and I piled into the SUV and headed back home. I wish we could have stayed longer, but school activities and assignments necessitated our return.

I'm always sad when I leave my Mom's house. Leaving during the pandemic has been especially bittersweet. I know that, while it is safe to travel now, that our opportunities could change in a moment's notice. If Covid numbers start rising around or or around me, I will again be tightly tethered in place. 

Instead of worrying and feeling sad, this morning I'm trying to focus on the positive. At least we were able to visit last weekend. I don't know what the numbers are going to do in the future, but we had a fantastic time together. Focusing on the fun instead of the worrying has gone a long way in calming my pandemic anxiety.






No comments:

Post a Comment