About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

SnowDay

Today is a snow day! I was gobsmacked when Scott's school, which has been virtual since March, called off because of a projected snowstorm. Apparently some teachers  teach virtually from their classrooms so, when the buildings are closed, so are all classes. Regardless of the logic (or lack thereof), he is psyched to spend a snow day relaxing and lulling around before the holiday break begins.

Timmy, whose classes have not been canceled, is ecstatic about the prospect of snow. Thankfully the flurries will not start until late morning, which will allow him to participate in Circle Time and complete a few assignments before the snow begins to pile. I know that as soon we have snowball worthy accumulation, he will be begging to go outside to play.

Optimistic about the snowfall, I ordered a new tube sled off of Amazon on Sunday. (I reasoned that I would save it for a Christmas present if the snow didn't materialize.) As the sky is already beginning to grey, a telltale sign of an impending snowstorm, I can't wait to blow it up and watch the boys soar down the yard.

Happy Snow Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment