About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Rocking Weekend!

I really love when a business is able to think outside of their traditional comfort zone by developing new offerings for their customers. Our local farm was not able to host its traditional Fall Festival, and now their Christmas Festival has also been sidelined by Covid. Friday morning I received an email announcing that they had transformed their hayride route into a family friendly holiday activity. 

I knew that we needed to show them some love and take advantage of this new activity. I immediately bought a ticket and decided to kick off the weekend by taking the boys on our way home from Robby's enrichment school. To my delight, everybody had a great time at the drive-through hayride. Timmy, with the help of his big brother, diligently marked off items on his scavenger hunt paper. By the time we reached the end of the route, we had located all of the items and were rewarded with candy canes.

Saturday was a big day because it was Robby's band performance. It broke my heart to not attend in person, but we knew it was imperative to honor the one guest per person request. Thankfully while Scott was watching in person I was able to rock out to his performance through the Zoom link. I know I am biased, but he did an awesome job.

Even though Zoom I could see that he was more comfortable on stage. He was interacting with the audience and his fellow band mates. It was hard to believe that this was the same kid who was paralyzed by stage fright last year. My goodness he has come so far as a musician!








No comments:

Post a Comment