About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Craving Normal

 Despite my efforts, my news fast has been an utter failure. It is hard to avoid the constant stream of commentators and "breaking news" (which is rarely news nor breaking) when Scott is enthralled by the broadcasts. He turns on the news at every opportunity, forcing me to watch or at least listen because of my proximity.  

Something has to change though, because last night I had horrific nightmares sparked by current events.  I woke up because of night terrors on two separate occasions. It was hard to get back to sleep and, when I finally did, I was restless and plagued with disturbing dreams. Needless to say, I am going to need a lot of coffee to get me through the day. 

I've discovered that my safest escape from the constant stream of current affairs is playing outside with Timmy. I stream music on my phone and focus on him. We hike through the woods searching for treasure, play bank in the tree house and climb over his tree fort. During those few hours every day, life again feels normal. 

I am craving normalcy.




No comments:

Post a Comment