About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Laid Back Holiday

Our Fourth of July was laid back and entirely uneventful. I spent the heat of the afternoon working while the boys watched television and played video games. Without our pool, being outside just isn't a lot of fun. I cannot even count the number of times I have missed our pool over the past few days. 

Our summer is certainly lacking the energy that we had last year, but our driveway simply cannot handle the weight of the water for another season. As much as I don't want to admit that he was right, Scott accurately predicted the damage to our asphalt. Our driveway is slightly slanted from our pool last year. Another year would only intensify the damage. 

So, until we figure out a new location we are pool-free. My goodness I miss it! Hopefully we will figure out a solution by next year. In the meantime, this is the summer of inside fun.

In the evening we ventured outside to play and to pick the wild raspberries. The temperature was tolerable but the mosquitos were out in force. Despite wearing bug spray and citronella stickers, we were forced to retreat from the the relentless blood suckers. I suppose one benefit of wearing a prosthetic is that my left left always remains bite free. I realize that is probably stretching to discover a positive, but I'm going to grasp for it right now.

Hopefully the hot temperatures are supposed to wane in the coming days. I'm looking forward to being outside without immediately melting. I'm not made for this summer heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment