About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 19, 2022

Poorly Designed Location

 Robby did a great job at his show. Unfortunately, do to an ill-conceived venue space, I was not able to snap any photos or videos. The establishment chosen, a brewery, lacked the space, the stage and the hospitality to host such a niche event. To say that I was frustrated would be an understatement. 

I was surprised that a location with glaring obstacles was chosen. The location only offered eleven small tabletops. There simply was not enough room for all of the parents and guests to watch their children perform. Instead of rocking on the stage, the bands were set up in front of large cooler in front of the doors. Perhaps more frustrating than the tight quarters was the lack of appropriate beverages. In addition to selling no food, I don't think I will ever understand why a brewery that did not sell any other beverages, including water or soda, was chosen to host an event for teens and their families.

Oh well. I am glad that he has another show set up for next Saturday. Hopefully the location will be more appropriate and I will be able to watch my little Koopa rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment