About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 16, 2022

Rocking the Stage

Between starting a new school year, trying to get Timmy adjusted to a new routine and worrying about both my brother and my mom, I am feeling depleted.  I am looking forward to doing nothing stressful or frustrating for much of the weekend. With the cooler temperatures drifting into our area, I am hoping to spend a lot of time just walking and playing outside. I don't think I'll have any trouble convincing Friend to join me on my escape plan.

While I am looking forward to relaxing over the weekend, I am excited to go watch Robby's band perform. He is looking forward to the showcase on Saturday and I plan on being front and center. While he doesn't love the songs as much as he has in previous bands, he has worked hard and he deserves to be celebrated. 

Robby's evolution since he started playing the guitar has been remarkable. I think back to when he performed in his first show and I am amazed. I remember the teary eyed shaking kid who was nearly paralyzed with stage fright. While I know that he still feels nerves before performing, he now looks forward to rocking the stage. I am so proud of him.

I'll post videos this weekend of his show. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment