About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Medical team

My brother emerged from his surgery as an above-knee amputee. We were hoping that the surgeons would be able to spare his knee, but that wasn't to be. I'm grateful that he is alive but I am also devastated for his loss. 

On Saturday morning my mom flew to Texas to be with him. Although she hasn't spoken with any doctors, she has been able to sit with him. I know that he is relieved to have her by his side, even if he is heavily medicated and sleeping most of the time. 

It is my hope that my mother will be able to speak with somebody from his medical team. We have so many questions concerning his immediate and long term care that need to be addressed. I feel like we are on the clock because my mom will only be in Texas for a few days. Hopefully she will have more luck during the normal work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment