About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Quiet Moments

This morning my brother will move to a long-term rehab facility and my mom will board a flight back to Pennsylvania. I know that his journey will be both long and difficult, but I feel a sense of relief that the crisis is over. My mom is exhausted and is starting to wear down. I will be happy to have her back home and resting. At this point, the only thing to do to help my brother is to support and love him.

With patience and hard work, he will learn to adapt to his new life. I appreciate that he did not want an amputation, but I have yet to meet anybody who had "lose a leg" on their bucket list. My heart hurts for him, but I also hold the belief that he will adapt. After all, at this point he doesn't really have a choice.

With the shock wearing off, it will soon be time to get to work. I hope that the rehab keeps him busy because I know how dangerous thoughts can become during those quiet moments during recovery. It continues to feel surreal mentoring my own brother through limb loss, but I am happy that my experience will be able to help him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment