About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Tired

My brother has been transferred to a long term rehabilitation facility so that he can learn to live with his new body. After spending several days by his side, my mom flew back home yesterday afternoon. Although I know it was hard for her to leave him, I know that she is happy to be home. I know that she does not like being away from home and her dog for long, regardless of the reason. 

With my brother out of the medical crisis I feel maybe we can all start to heal. The past few weeks have been emotionally and physically depleting for everybody involved. At this point I find myself wanting to hide in a cave with a good book and no communication with the outside world. Hiding isn't feasible, but it sure does sound wonderful!

 I suppose I could have summed up this blog post in three short words: I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment