About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Chills

 Yesterday I made a seasonal mistake that I will try to avoid for the rest of the winter. I grabbed my liner and rolled it on without consideration of the ambient temperature. The temps dropped overnight, plunging us from summertime temps to flirting with snow within a few hours. Like it or not, winter is here.

Pulling your limb out from under warm covers and slipping on a chilly liner is a shockingly miserable way to start the day. Talk about a jolt to your system; it feels like my limb is being wrapped by an ice pack when the liner is chilled. Typically I pull the liner under the covers with me for a few minutes to remove the cold that settles into the silicone overnight. Yesterday I didn't realize it had become so cold and I didn't prepare appropriately. I definitely won't be making that mistake again this season!

Dealing with a cold liner requires some necessary planning, but the effort is worth it. I've tried towel warmers and heating pads but I quickly discovered that both of those options require more planning and time than I am willing to invest. I found that bringing the liner under the covers for a few minutes makes donning the liner tolerable with the least amount of effort. It turns out I gravitate towards the solution with the minimal amount of effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment