About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas 2022

 Despite my planning, my lengthy lists and my countdown calendar, Christmas morning still came down to the final moments. As I was pulling presents out of every nook and cranny in our home I found myself overwhelmed with sadness as I thought about Mr. Bill. Stashing presents at his house throughout the season simplified Christmas more than I appreciated at the time. I miss him so much!

Per tradition, my mom came down on Christmas Eve. Timmy, who had been working transforming his bedroom into an art gallery to impress his Nana, was on pins and needles waiting for her arrival. I think he was as excited to see his Nana as he was for Santa. We scurried around all day, cleaning and preparing for the holiday. As soon as my mom pulled into the driveway, I switched from preparation mode to holiday mode. 

I was busy, but I did my best to disconnect and enjoy the day. Saturday evening we unwrapped family gifts, prepared for Santa and went to bed. My Mom was tucked into Timmy's "art gallery" for the night, keeping him company and confined to his bedroom. When we were confident that they were asleep, the elves went to work.

Christmas morning was fantastic. Both boys were delighted with their surprises and spent the majority of the morning assembling and playing. In the afternoon my sister and her kids joined our holiday party. By the time dinner was finished and the kitchen was clean, I was exhausted! It was a fantastic but tiring day.

Yesterday was spent assembling, playing and cleaning. Today everybody (except for me) has off work/ school. Even after only a few days off, it is going to be hard to get back into the groove.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment