About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 06, 2023

Weekend Wrap-Up

 This past weekend the boys and I (minus Scott) headed to PA to spend a few days with my Mom. While waiting for a necessary knee surgery she had a little mishap and hurt her sound side ankle. Hobbling around and in a lot of pain I was eager to give her a hug and see what I could to do to help out. Living several hours away makes these situations difficult, especially when I am more tethered at home due to Timmy's school obligations.

We were happy to be able to spend time with my nephew Jared over the weekend. Typically my sister's kids have at their dad's over all weekends, but a school dance provided an opportunity to stay. Robby and Jared had a great time hanging out and helping their Nana around the house. It was fun watching them taking down and installing doors and trying to hone their organizational skills by purging a closet.

We did take a break from working to have some fun. My mom would be furious if we did nothing but work and clean during our visit. Saturday afternoon Robby, Timmy, my sister and I went rollerskating. Timmy was ecstatic to have his big brother skating with him. Robby, who has never been rollerskating, was such a good sport. We thought that his ice skating skills would translate to rollerskating. On some level we were correct, but he was not nearly as comfortable as I had imagined. 

Saturday night I was able to take Jared to his school dance. I had a lot of fun watching him get dressed up and delivering him to his waiting date. While Jared was at the dance Robby and I launched a plan for his upcoming auction and Timmy worked on his art projects.

After finishing a few loose ends in the morning we packed up and headed home on Sunday afternoon. I am always sad leaving, but this departure was hard because it is difficult seeing my Mom in pain. I hate leaving her while she is still hurting, although I know that I can't really do anything to help. Hopefully a few days off her foot and ankle will provide enough rest for healing to begin.






No comments:

Post a Comment