About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Explorers

 Yesterday was spent on Cloud 9 as Robby basked in his acceptance to the Leadership Academy. He grinned from ear-to-ear all day and spent all of his free time reviewing the materials and planning his adventure. There isn't much for us to do right now except to wait, but the lack of details never stopped our planning before and I don't see it impeding us now. Lists are already being drafted (with the full understanding that they will be amended and edited as more information becomes available.) 

Robby has been fretting and worrying over his acceptance to the Academy. He is anxious about his future and has pinned so much on this experience. It was hard waiting for a response, knowing that I could do absolutely nothing to help him. He earned this on his own, and he deserves to enjoy his moment. Last night we went out for Hibachi to celebrate. Hibachi has become one of our go-to family celebrations and the experience did not disappoint. 

Today we are supposed to be greeted with Spring like temperatures, which will delight both Timmy and Friend. I imagine that we will be spending a lot of time in the woods and exploring this afternoon. Thankfully the sore on my leg has completely healed and I'll be able to keep up with my explorers.

No comments:

Post a Comment