About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Birthday Recap

 Despite having to do schoolwork, Robby had a great birthday. Based on his emotional reaction to his impending birthday on Monday night, I wasn't sure what to expect on the big day. Growing up is hard and Robby has never been a kid who relished the passage of time. He becomes comfortable with an age and, although he loves being celebrated, he has always struggled with the change. 

Yesterday he was able to push the change out of his mind so that he could concentrate on reaping the benefits. He loved his gift (a new Apple watch) and immediately began to set it up. Every once in awhile we hit it out of the park in terms of a gift. Yesterday was one of those times. 

With the birthday festivities behind us, today I am looking ahead to our next adventure. This weekend is the World War II Weekend. Robby anticipates this trip every year. While Robby loves the event, Timmy is less than impressed. (They are so very different!)  While Robby, Scott and I are going back in time to the 1940s for the weekend, Timmy will spend his time with his Nana and Aunt Sheri. 

I have to admit that I'm nervous about leaving Timmy so soon after my Mom's surgery. She is getting around better and her pain is waning, but ambulation is still not easy. I feel somewhat comforted with the knowledge that Timmy is self-sufficient and requires little more than supervision. I also know that my sister will be around to help. I know that it will all be okay, but that doesn't mean I don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment