About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Accident

 Yesterday was supposed to be busy with school and work, but it exceeded my expectations. My sweet nephew, who has been driving for less than a year, backed his truck directly into a landscaping trailer which was parked on the opposite curb. Thankfully nobody was injured, the trailer was empty and the accident happened in front of my mother's house. All three of those factors helped to diffuse what was an upsetting situation for him.

I spent a lot of the afternoon trying to convince him that the event is called an accident for a reason. He made a mistake and he can be angry about it, but beating himself up was not going to change the situation. I worked on his mood all day and by the time we were setting the table for dinner he was beginning to smile again. I know that he will continue to reflect and feel upset, but hopefully he will also remember that he deserves the same grace he extends to others. 

Today is exciting because my Mom, sister and I are heading to a Queen concert. Pics to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment