About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Holiday Changes

 Ready or not, winter has arrived. The temperatures plummeted and brought the remaining leaves to the ground. The fireplace has been going full blast for several days which has created a cozy mood in the house. It is easier to feel festive when the fireplace is crackling and popping. 

We have less than two weeks until Christmas and we are not ready. I look around the house and I feel overwhelmed by the clutter (the boxes of books Robby was gifted from his teacher) and underwhelmed by my decorating efforts. This year my decorations are minimal. I didn't do anything outside and inside we only have the Christmas tree and a few treasured items on display. Everything else I am keeping in storage until we move. 

I feel guilty for not going overboard for the holiday this year. Between work, school and selling FlexyFriends, I just haven't had the time or the motivation to invest in developing the holiday spirit. Instead of trying to do everything, this year I'm only going to focus on what we truly enjoy and value. 

Although we haven't done a lot of decorating I have been trying to increase my baking output. Given the choice, everybody in my family would prefer a cookie over another carefully placed trinket. It may not look a lot like Christmas, but it is certainly smelling like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment