About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 11, 2023

Rest Day

 Saturday morning Robby and I headed back to the mall with a trunk full of FlexyFriends. We have done this a few times now and are becoming faster at setting up the little pop-up store. The mall wasn't as busy as we anticipated, especially considering it is only three weeks before Christmas, but business was brisk and everybody was nice. We sold out in the early evening which allowed us to pack up and take Sunday off.

Sunday was my first day off in a month. I had planned on driving to my Mom's house for the night but the constant rain coupled with the wind and my own fatigue was enough to keep me home. Instead of visiting I spent the day taking a long nap on the couch, baking Christmas cookies with the boys and finishing decorating the tree and the house. It was a fantastic day and exactly what I needed to regain both my strength and my holiday spirit!

Instead of going to my Mom's yesterday we decided that the boys and I would visit this coming weekend. It feels like the stars aligned because I was able to secure tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra with Robby. We have been going to see the Nutcracker together for nearly a decade but we decided it would be fun to switch it up this year. He requested TSO and I was thrilled when I realized that they are playing near my Mom next Friday! 

Talk about serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment